Thursday, June 9, 2016

Bullshit

No the title was not to get you to read the post.  This week I have been faced with miscommunication, no communication, egos, insecurities, and lack of professionalism, all which makes me scratch my head.  Fifty percent of me calls it unnecessary bullshit and the other fifty percent of me realizes that when you are a leader/adult you deal with  these challenges.  What is present for me is admitting that the challenges are never to big for me to handle.

This post is not me venting or standing on my soap-box or soliciting a crowd of yea-sayers. I am sure at some point in time we have struggled with these obstacles.

Here are some notes around my thinking about leaders leading and not feeding into the bullshit!

1. Separate the facts from the fiction.  
2. Acknowledge their point of view.  John Maxwell says, "people don't care how much know, until they know how much you care".
3. Come with a solution orientated mindset

If you do these three things you begin to influence them! 

4. John Rohn, said it best, "The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not a bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly" 

To all my leaders out there, remember that the stuff that seems like bullshit is actual an opportunity for us to learn, grow and become better leaders. 

Have an extraordinary weekend.  Remember to live, love & share. 

See you again on Tuesday!

Lo --


  

No comments:

Post a Comment