Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Rebooting

I am coming off a long week from vacation.  Everyone needs a break even my students.  Since I was able to relax and take care of self I was able to respond to B.S. calmer, I smiled more, and I stopped to listen.  I need more breaks ( said in my sarcastic voice)!

When I am able to take a break or a step back, I reflect more,  I am more creative, and I tend to focus on what is important (my goals/purpose).

We need to learn how to rest.  I believe that
we fall victim to over extending ourselves when we have a break with long to-do list, and we feel the need to always be on the run.  Rebooting should be an opportunity for you to spend quiet time with yourself, reflecting, and planing.

Here are some ideas while you reboot:

1. journal
2. listen to your favorite playlist
3. dinner with friends
4. quiet time at home (doing little as possible)
5. thinking of you or thank you cards (this shows gratitude)
6. picking up the phone and calling a friend
7. NO technology
8. a retreat
9. spa
10. pray/meditate


When is the last time you rebooted?

I challenge you to be present in the moment and  recognize the value of silence and being with yourself.  Rebooting  is taking the time for yourself so you can learn how to create balance in your life.  Allowing you, when you are at work,  thinking about work and when you are at home you are thinking about home.  You don't want to fall in the trap that so many do-- when at work you are thinking about home and when you are home you are thinking about work.  I want to always be present for life's treasures and if I am not fully charged I will miss those moments.


Remember to live love & share.

LO --

No comments:

Post a Comment