Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Year. New Lessons.




I am sure this post will find everyone working hard.  Back to the hustle and bustle.  Back on your grind, and back to living and defining your life's purpose.  Here are a couple of takeaways from 2014 to remember and bring into 2015.  Here we go!

# 5 - Stop thinking you have to wait until January 1st to set new goals and live them out.  Successful people understand that it is not an annual process it is a daily process. You should be more concerned about how you hold yourself accountable on a day to day bases.

# 4 - Sacrificing- Many of us do not want to put in the muscle work to sacrifice.  We must note that there is no achievement without sacrifice.  For example, I have been talking about running a 5k to damn long. I want to be strong and fit but for too long I have not put in the work to achieve my goal. I must start now to achieve my goal.  All small efforts compound for the achievement of my desired goal.  So whatever, you are committing to in 2015, start now, start slow but be consistent.

# 3 - Renewing your mind!  I wrote a blog post awhile back about making it a habit to renew your mind.  You must be intentional to cultivate your happiness.  It takes work and it is a process for the right mindset.

# 2 - Remembering to have gratitude.  The only way you can express gratitude to another person is being intentional about it and knowing what you are grateful for.  Take the time everyday to recognize the people and life's little treasures.  I recommend starting a gratitude journal.

# 1- Remembering to take time to live, love and share.  That means, laughing more, being grateful,    giving more and being a better version of yourself daily.

I look forward to hearing from you on what lessons you plan to take with you this year!

See  you again real soon.

LO,
xo


1 comment:

  1. great post! really good point about being consistent and sacrificing to reach your goals. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete