Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Going to the chapel

Going to the chapel and were gonna get married....

Yes, so I am officially engaged!  I can hear all my girlfriends say, "it's about time".  I have know Njeru (my fiancee) for over 10 years.  A lot  can happen in 10 years of learning someone.  You get to see someone pick their nose, hear them snore, and share the best laughs with.

We are currently taking our pre-marital classes at church with our pastor who will be marrying us this Spring of 2016.  

The classes have really revealed how much work we will have to put into our marriage.  It also has revealed the importance of God in our relationship and future family.

Here is what I know for sure:

I am marrying Njeru as a whole complete woman.  He is getting the best version of Lolade.  Now, I am not saying I am perfect but he is getting me as someone who has learned to love every part of myself from my toes to my hair follicles.

I am also learning patience and listening is important in a relationship.

My relationship and walk with God has strengthen and I am so happy to have found my equal who loves God more then me.

I realized that love will fizzle and we both will need to call on God for guidance ("Jesus, take the wheel").

We are also establishing friendships with other married couples and looking at good examples of marriage.

Lastly, we have decided that divorce is not an option. We have committeed to God being apart of our individual lives as well as our marriage 

I am looking forward to having many more years with this man and a life time of journeys.


Thank you for letting me Share :). Remember to live, love & share

See you again on Thursday!

Lo

This is us a year ago.  We traveled to TN to hike the Smokey Mts. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you two! Wishing you continued love and happiness and blessings! Beautifully written words-- great reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I'm so happy for you :) You deserve this and so much more!!

    ReplyDelete