Tuesday, June 2, 2015

#Dear Self....

My bestie has an idea for a book that she is working on, a single lady's guide for living and dating in your 30's.  We were chatting it up over cocktails and food, while she was educating me on what it is like being single in NYC.  I can't wait for her book to be publish and I hope she graces us with some of her wisdom in a future post.  Over our third drink and lots of laughs I asked her what she would  tell her young self about love?  What she would tell her older self about love?

Here is what she would say to her younger self:
 Date more for fun and have more relationship experiences, not always looking for every man to be the one.
To her older self:
Look at what new experiences you can have or what you can learn.  Instead of focusing on where it is going.  

I paused and I thought about it and here is what I would tell my younger self about love:
Date. Don't be a stranger to going out and have fun.  Travel and find love in a foreign country over pasta and wine.
To my older self I would say:
Laugh a lot with your love, stay home on rainy days and eat ice-cream and watch a movie and always take turns speaking.


Leave a comment for me and tell me what you would tell your younger self about love?  What would you tell your older self about love? I look forward to reading them.  

See you next time on Thursday.  Remember to take the time to live, love & share.  

xo,

LO--

No comments:

Post a Comment