Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Got a plan!?

What have you conquered since the beginning of the year?  What is left?  With only a couple of weeks left it is super important to write down your accomplishments from 2015 and more importantly to write down your goals for 2016.  
Image result for new year goals 2014
This year has been a season of really building a relationship with my Creator.  By doing so I have learned so much about myself in the process.  I have had to really lean and press on God for many if not all things.  Most of all my relationship with God has allowed me to RELAX (working on it everyday).  I have gained perspective of my journey  and I am willing to fail why trying along the way.  

My challenge to you before we welcome and ring in the New Year is to get silent, reflect, and write down both your accomplishments and goals.  It is just as important to write down what you have accomplished as much as it is to set goals for where you want to arrive.  We all work differently on what works best for us individually but here is what I like to do:

1. Unplug for a couple of days from the phone, internet, TV and social media
2. Write down 5 things I want to realistically accomplish if I could not fail trying
3. Then, I journal about my plan either from my 5 things or things I have been constantly working on
4. After, I write down important factors such as: Who I will need to accomplish my goal? How much money I might need to save? Should I seek an accountability partner during my journey? What are the resources I will need to get this done before the new year? What are my check in points (put dates around your goals)
5. Many of the things we psych ourselves to begin and never finish, fails because we don't have a solid plan.  Plan out your journey.  Njeru always says,"when you want to travel somewhere for the first time you never just get in the car and begin driving.  No!  You map out your journey.  You bring things along with you, you might even detour but you plan out your journey before hand so you can finally arrive at your destination."
6. Learn from your past!  Don't do the same thing that did not give you, your desired outcome.  

Come on PEOPLE!  We can do it!  Share with me how you are planning for the new year in the comment section of the blog.  I look forward to reading. 

Remember to live, love & share!

Lo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment