Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Mind Over Matter

In October, I entered a weight lose challenge at work.  I initially entered the challenge to lose this extra love weight that I gained.  When I first started the challenge I was coming in last each week during the weigh-ins.  It did not bother me, because I figured that I did not have as much to lose  and I would be fine (setting. Don't do it.  Be the best version of yourself always).  A co-worker pulled me aside before the 3rd weigh in and asked me what I was doing to stay in this challenge, to be a contender? Her pep talks, 5 am wake your ass up text messages, and daily water check-in's really helped and motivated me (everyone needs a cheerleader in their life.  Who is your cheerleader?).  I slowly began to shed pounds and feel healthier.  I even ran two 5k's and planning to run a half marathon next year (I put it out there so now I got to do it!).  
Image result for mind over matter
This post is not to brag or catch you up on what I have been up to.  I want to ignite you to challenge your mind.  YOU are stronger then you know!  You can do anything you put your mind and heart to.  Something that started out as a workout challenge has become a lifestyle for me.  It is no longer about loosing weight has it is more about being healthy.  Working out helps clear my mind (working out it about ME.  I love me). There are also times that I don't want to work out and I make sure not to beat myself up about it but regroup and set new goals (forgiving myself and moving on.  Not letting it mean more then what it really is).  

When I am running in a race, I am not running against the nine-thousand other runners but I am running against myself (I got this).  I am setting goals and speaking life/truth to myself (I am more then a conquer).  During my race I am encouraging myself and not settling for mediocrity.  Isn't that what life is all about!?  We are all running our own race and there are obstacles we will have to overcome, and we  have people that we will need to lean on.  We will also have to have faith and set goals.  Keep going!  Don't give up and remember beloved, that you can do anything you put your mind to!  Be strong! Be encouraged!

I look forward to seeing you again on Thursday!

Remember to live, love & share. 

Lo --








No comments:

Post a Comment