Thursday, January 9, 2014

Did you laugh today?

Today I laughed, I mean really laughed.  When was the last time you laughed?  Laughing is infectious.  The sound alone makes you want to find out what someone is laughing about.When laughter is shared, it binds people together and increases happiness.  Someone today told me that they did not laugh.  I thought to myself, how sad.  

Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert.

I was reading on line and found a list of benefits of laughter: 

Physical Health Benefits:
Boosts immunity
Lowers stress hormones
Decreases pain
Relaxes your muscles
Prevents heart disease
Mental Health Benefits:
Adds joy and zest to life
Eases anxiety and fear
Relieves stress
Improves mood
Enhances resilience
Social Benefits:
Strengthens relationships
Attracts others to us
Enhances teamwork
Helps defuse conflict
Promotes group bonding


So, when is the last time you laughed?  It does not have to be a belly laugh (even though I love those) it just has to be something that lighten the mood and put a smile on your face.  If you have not laughed today maybe this will help. 





I will see y'all again on Tuesday!

Remember to live, love, share & laugh

1 comment:

  1. Last week, I was shopping in a store and all the employee were laughing and joking while diligently doing their assigned task. It made my shopping experience very delightful. Eat, Laugh and Pray!

    ReplyDelete