Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dirty 30

What I am learning in my 30’s 


1. Start creating the life you want now!  
What I am learning is that I have to be the captain of my own ship.  I am more than capable of having everything that I dream of and more.  I am learning that I have to quit being afraid because fear will only paralyze me. Balls to the wall.  

2. Laughing and spending time with family and friends are important.   
Tomorrow is not promised. I love Sunday brunches with dad, celebrating birthdays, and creating new traditions in my home with my family.  

There is nothing better then girl friend time!  I love my girls.  We laugh, give each other good advice, and pray for blessings to reign down.  I am learning the value of a good friendship.  

3. Love is better in your 30’s 
No more puppy love!  Love is more meaningful in your 30’s .  We do what is best for us, playing no one’s game but our own.  

4. You got to learn how to sweat the Right stuff
People are going to say and do what they please.  The day you start to change yourself, things around you start to change. You got to go beyond people’s opinions.  

5. Don’t explain. Don’t repeat.  
I have a tendency to always feel the need to explain myself.  What I have come to realize is that I don't have to explain my dreams to everybody they belong to me.   

6. Don’t compare 
“It does not matter how you start, it only matters how you finish.”  Everyone has a story, what is your story?  Just because  someone is in front, does not mean they are ahead.  Live your own life!

I am still learning and creating how to live a meaningful life for myself .  Overall, I pray that I can live each day with no regrets, give back to others, and celebrate life’s success.  

What have you learned?


Remember to live. love & share


Y'all come back now!  See you again on Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! As I get ready to turn 30 (only one more year!) I am excited instead of afraid because I really think that being in your 30s there is room for more awesome-ness and less play play :).

    ReplyDelete