Thursday, February 13, 2014

DIY: For your heart

It's a snowy day here on the east coast.  I made my to-do list and on that list was to make my co-workers, friends, family and Papa Bear a cute little gift for Valentine's day.  I got the idea after reading Camille Styles blog.  This is a practical gift and it does not have to only be for Cupid.  See below.

Materials:
tin can
paper
tape
pray can
drill
tealight candle


Directions:

1. Cut out your heart.  I used a stencil to make my perfect heart on white paper
2. Cut your heart out
3. You want your paper to fit tightly around your tin can.
4. Hold your tin can at an angle and use your pray paint to lightly cover your heart
5. The secret is to let the paint dry fully
6. Carefully take off the paper
7. Use a drill to make holes around the heart
8. Light your candle and place it in your can
9. Final enjoy the fruit of your labor
10. Don't forget to share the idea with others


Photo credit: Njeru












Papa Bear helping to drill the holes in the tin can




Oscar Wilde said: Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
Remember to live. love and share.  
xo,
LO --


1 comment:

  1. That is so cool Lo!!!! But me an power drills don't mix lol. I'm going to have to dry a DIY that's a little more basic to start. Does baking count as DIY hehe??

    ReplyDelete