Friday, February 21, 2014

lacing up

I have a month until my thirty third birthday.  I am not afraid of turning a year older.  I feel like I should be getting better with age.  I did however, start exercising for two reasons:

1.  I want to be healthy                                                            
2. It was on my plan for 2014

This is what I know:

1. It is something you have to make a habit.  My friend told me that you don't recieve an applause for brushing your teeth.  It is something you do out of habit.  When you don't brush your teeth you feel bad, or different. Exercising is something that you just have to do.  It has to be a habit. ( I hope that makes sense).

2. One day at a time.  I know that I am not going to gain the six-pack over night, and I might crave sweets, but I have to realize that this is a journey.  It is about being healthy.

3. I also found an accountability partner, who I text when I finish working out and what I have eaten for the day.  Some people might feel like that is too much, but you have to know what works best for you.  I know that I will sometimes slack in this department so I need someone holding me accountable.

4.  The true test is when I go back to work and I feel lazy about going to the gym after work, or making  Ok, I have to change my language/attitude about working out.  When I go back to work I will be committed to going to the gym twice a week.  

5. I have started to plan out my meals ahead of time.  This is because, I don't want to eat junk food and want to make sure I am not hungry.

6. Working out helps me to clear my mind!

I will keep you posted with the journey.  Please share any advice you might have for this sister.  Stay tuned I will post a kale salad I love having for lunch.

Remember to live. love. share & lace up.

LO--



      

2 comments:

  1. I have an accountability partner too! We text like everyday. We both know the struggle and it is great to have support. I think food prep is key. The weeks that I am most successful are the ones where I prep my meals on Sunday and have a clear plan down to the snacks for the week. Once the week starts it's too crazy so my tip is plan ahead on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb for the encouragement. It is nice to know someone out there is also working on this workout goal.

      Delete