Tuesday, September 30, 2014

balance Vs. completion

I was talking with 2 women.  One that is a mother, wife, and holds a leadership position at her job.  The other woman who is a wife and holds a leadership position at her job.  We were all having a casual conversation about the topic of work-life balance. This was a passionate discussion on what balance is and how to achieve it with the many hat we wear daily.  I have always chased balance but the way it looked was like a dog chasing it's tail. Does balance really exist?  Can you have it all and maintain your shit, zen, or equilibrium?

I am coming to peace with who I am in the world.  I am learning what I will accept as my truth.  I am learning to love the entire me.  I am learning that it's not about wearing 50 different hats at the same time and being great at everything, at the same time.  Balance is about completion.  I want to live knowing that I am activity engaged with completing my purpose in life. Balance for me is knowing what is important.  When I distinguish what is important and set forth finishing WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT I am left complete and whole.  Balance is dictated by where you are in life.  Distinguish what is MOST IMPORTANT to you. Set expectations and boundaries.   In the conversation with these 2 women we have similar concerns with different perspectives.

What is balance to you?

See you again on Thursday!  Remember to live. love. share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment