Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Don't Give Up!

Am Baaaack!!!   Since I have started my new job and position this summer I have defiantly been on my grind.  This summer has been one of new adventures needless to say.  I made a lot of time for friends, family, the beach,  good food and laughs.


Have you ever started something new and was like "heck nawh" this is too damn hard? Well, I felt like that with my new job.  The more I tried the more I felt overwhelmed.

Here is what I have learned:

1. Anything new is going to be challenging.  You have to give yourself the space and time to make mistakes and learn.  Anything worth doing is worth doing badly first.  What I mean by this is that you never start at your best.

2. You are going to make multiple mistakes. What are you doing to learn from your mistakes?  Confucius said it well, "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall".

3. Failure teaches you patience.

4. Perseverance has to kick in!  You can not give up.  It is going to be hard.  You are going to be tired but you will make it. If you persist you will win.

5. You have to make sure you are putting good energy in the Universe.  Only speak positive words about yourself, the situation and others ( I am working on this one!).  Your words create your reality.

6. Be kind and show gratitude.  My family has been so supportive, they have been my sounding board  since my transition.  Words cannot say enough.

7. Pray!

A month in, I am not feeling the same as I did the first week.  Don't get me wrong there are still challenges and I am still making mistakes but I have not quit and I  don't plan too.  I hope what I have learned will help you press on.  Remember to live, love and share. What is your recipe for getting through new experiences?

See you again on Thursday!

xo


2 comments:

  1. so glad you've arrived at this place! i remember talking to you right after you started and i could sense the challenge you were facing. but perseverance produces character. so glad you're adjusting, learning, and growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladybug for the encouraging words. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. @mint julep.

    ReplyDelete