Tuesday, December 17, 2013

'Tis the Season...

Hey everyone! I know some of you have been asking where I have been.  Life was giving me a run for my money.  I have been busy with the kids (my students), family, and the regular routine of life in general.  Last week was a crazy week and I am sure many of you can relate.  This past weekend I made sure to take some time to laugh with my boyfriend, catch up with my parents, treat my belly to some comfort food, and start decorating my house for the Christmas holidays.  I am a little late with decorating…this is what I have come to realize:

I don’t have to buy everything now!  As much as I love decorating and looking in magazines for inspirations

I need to take my time. I also shopped at Home Goods, Target and Walmart for cute signature items and ornaments for an affordable price. 

I shared Sunday morning shopping for a tree with Njeru.  This was his first time buying a live tree.  We shared a monument together. 

This is my first Christmas in my new home and I am learning to make my own traditions in my house, my way. 

Though the week just started and my to do list keeps getting longer.  I am going to take the time and decorate my home, laugh, make some hot coco, and document my traditions and holiday memories with photos.  Doing this will help the list not look so  daunting.  Here are couple of my finds from my shopping spree:  


My purchase from Home Goods
                                               


Another purchase from Home Goods




I love a wreath!



Every year my family gets our Christmas Tree from this farm near our house





Welcome to the Harris Farm


That's the one!


She is finally home!  Now, if only I added lights!

What are a couple of your traditions around the holiday season?  

1 comment:

  1. You made out good in Home Goods. I need to go with you! One traditon we have is to put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving (this year we put it up on Thanksgiving day though). We also open one present Christmas Eve and get up super early on Christmas morning. I think we need to start buying real trees though...maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete